Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Inspired!

I've been buying scrapbook magazines like crazy lately - and there's a couple more idea books that I'm looking for! I've seen some really neat ideas, and it's gotten me inspired to create.

In my July/August Simple Scrapbooks, there was an article on quick and easy travel albums. The one that I jsut loved was an altered recipe card box (covered in actual maps - how cool is that?) with postcards made from actual vacation photos. As soon as I saw it, I right away thought of a picture I took when I went to Europe in 1995. One of the cities we visited was Innsbruck, Austria; which hosted a couple of Winter Olympics (don't ask me the years, though). We went up to the ski jump hill, and I took a great picture of Innsbruck down in the valley below, with the Alps in the background. It's my favourite picture from the trip, and I think it would make a great postcard.

Then in a Creating Keepsakes magazine I bought last week, there's an article about making a "Snapshot of my Life" album. Some of the layout ideas are really neat, and it's got me wanting to make my own snapshot album. I already have ideas on putting together some of the layouts, and what I want them to look like. One of my favourite layouts is the one that's composed of a few top 10 lists, like the one I made of "10 things I always have in my purse". Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE top 10 lists? Lists in general, actually. And I love scrapbooking with lists.

The other idea that I came up with, that I'm really excited about and can't wait to start, is a "Smile" book - an album full of things that make me smile. I have a lot of scrapbooking things that I've bought just because I love them. But because I love them so much, I don't want to use them (like the 3D Winnie the Pooh sticker I bought just because he's cute and he's Winnie the Pooh and I love Winnie the Pooh). So I'm going to put them in a little scrapbook for those times when I need a little pick-me up. Just think - all my favourite happy things in one place! One of the pictures I'm going to use is one of James and I when we were really young; I think I was about 3-4, so Jamie would have been 2-3. He's standing looking right at the camera, but I'm standing sort of facing him with both arms his shoulders. I love that picture!

TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some really great ideas. I like lists too. I think I will use that idea and make an album of Top Ten Lists. Good to see you back posting again. Missed you! And thanks for the birthday wishes.

Lily said...

get on it girl...can't wait to see what you come up with