Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blogging Again!

Well, I've finally gotten around to getting myself a new (laptop) computer. And an internet stick thing that gives me instant high-speed Internet (no more poky dial-up ...YIPPEE!). It's so nice being able to go online again - I think I was actually starting to have withdrawal pains! I just spent the last 20 minutes going through the 414 emails in my Inbox and deleting all of the old stuff. I went from 13 pages of messages down to 1. Yikes! I hadn't realized before how many mail lists I'm getting useless messages from. I think it's time to get off of some of them. The list would have been even longer, if it weren't for my new BlackBerry, which I got a few weeks ago and which allows me access to the Internet. I hate to think how many messages I would have had otherwise.

Tomorrow marks a new chapter in my career. No, I'm not starting a new job. I'm just moving into a new office. Well, technically it's a new cubicle. The Accounting Department that I work in is FINALLY getting new offices in a brand new building (it's so new that it's not completely finished yet - there's a lot of finishing touches still to be added). My co-workers and I all are very excited about this change. Our new home is clean, bright, spacious, and with any luck, dust-free (the old office was so dry and dusty that we all felt like we had permanent congestion). I took pictures of both my old cubicle (or my hole, as I fondly called it) and the new space, and I hope to be able to share them soon...I just have to figure out how to use the 8-1 card reader on this computer.

TTFN!

No comments: