Saturday, February 28, 2009

This is too funny...

Last night after I finished my blog post, I moseyed on over to my Facebook page to go through some more of the billion requests that I have (okay, so maybe it wasn't that many). One of the applications that I have is a Daily Bible verse. Yesterday's verse was from 1 Corinthians 10:12:
"So, if you think you are on solid ground, be careful that you don't fall."
I just had to laugh when I read that. As I briefly alluded to in my last post I had a fall yesterday when I stopped to pick up the paper and the mail. I was getting back into my car, had my right leg in already and was just about to lift up my left leg when I lost my footing and went down. My right foot came up, and then got caught under the dashboard, straining the muscles in my thigh. I landed on the edge of the door frame, hard, and I think I have a bruise...well, I won't mention where it is. I think I banged my left calf on something, because my jeans got covered in mud and the muscles are quite sore. And I've severely strained the muscles in my abdomen (thank goodness for Robaxacet). I was pretty sore last night from the waist down, although today everything except my calf and my stomach is feeling better. I thought that all of the loose snow in the driveway wold give me traction, not realizing that it was really just covering up all of the ice underneath. So, note to self: beware of hidden pitfalls (pardon the pun) underneath loose snow.

Speaking of Bible verses, one of the girls in my Sunday School class was baptized last Sunday. As part of the gift that I'm giving her, I went to the Birthverse site and looked up the verse for February 22, and this is what it said: "And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit." (Ephesians 2:22) Somehow seems appropriate for a baptism.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry to hear about your fall! Reading your posts makes it seem like I'm reading a lot about me though! I had a fall like that this year, but mine was the opposite way...DH let me off earlier so that I wouldn't have to walk in the snowbank, except where he let me off was a huuuuge ice patch and I stepped out and halfway out I slipped on the ice and fell hard on my back landing pretty much halfway under the car! Yeah...I would have taken the snowbank instead of the ice...*LOL* My friend/co-worker is just going through the RCIA process now and will be baptized..baptised...??? on Easter so I'm thinkin' that Birthverse sounds like a good place for me to go...I'll have to look up the link!

Hope you're feeling BETTER!!!