Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Twenty Wishes" & An RAK

I just finished reading the greatest book. It's called "Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber. It's about a group of widows who get together on Valentine's Day to celebrate themselves and their lives. One of them comes up with the idea of making of list of 20 wishes - things they've always wanted to do but never got the chance to, or things they want to do now that they're single again. The wishes didn't necessarily have to be things they would do, just things they wanted to do - places to go, people to meet, things to experience. I guess in a way this would be similar to a "bucket list". (It also reminded me of a blog entry written by scrapbook.com's weekly columnist about 29 things for her 29th year). The book got me to thinking about what I'd put on my list of 20 wishes. Here are five:
1. Swim with dolphins.
2. Learn to horseback ride.
3. Go hot air ballooning.
4. Take more German lessons.
5. Visit New York City and go to the top of the Empire State Building.

Now it's your turn! Leave me a comment with at least three things that you would put on your list. I will put all of the entries into a hat, and draw a name to receive a copy of the book. The deadline for entering is next Sunday, May 3. Good luck!

TTFN!

8 comments:

Scrappinology said...

I'll play! Congrats on your first RAK!

My 3 wishes would be

1. To see Italy
2. To be 29 again
3. To stay forever healthy

(since there are really 20 wishes I figured I would be selfish and have the first 3 be for me! LOL!)

Thanks for the chance

*gina*

Gina K said...

That's fun!!! My list is probably huge, so here's just a few:
1. go skydiving
2. return to Germany
3. fly in a helicopter

I'm sure I have ones that would be higher on my priority list, but my brain's a bit fuzzy today and those are the first three that popped into it! LOL.

mustangkayla said...

I found out about your RAK on Scrapbook.com. What a cool way to give out the book! Sounds like a great book. My 3 would be:

1. Participate in a marathon.
2. Travel to Ireland.
3. Own a 65 Convertable Mustang

ScrappE (from sb.com) said...

Thanks for the opportunity for a RAK. :)

Three of my wishes are:
1. (This one is a group) Get married, have at least one child who is happy and healthy, and stay in that happy marriage until death.
2. Be a published author through Penguin Publishing.
3. Be a successful counselor.

These aren't as exciting as traveling and activities other people wish for, but they're good for me right now. :)

Journey to Finding Myself said...

1. Go skydiving
2. Travel to Europe
3. Have a baby

Wonderful RAK!! Thanks!

All Star said...

I may have to add your hot air ballon ride to my big list! I love that idea.

3 things from my 32 before 32 list:
1) Read the Bible completely
2) See the Sydney Opera House
3) run in a marathon (or at least walk one!)

Shawna

Talin HG said...

Sounds like a great book, might have to look into it.

1. Travel outside of Canada...many places on the travel list.
2. Go hiking in the Rocky Mountains (Waterton of Jasper).
3. Take my kids to Disneyland

Lissame said...

Congrats on your first RAK,

My wishes would be
1. to travel to europe
2. to have a bit bigger of a house so everyone could fit better
3. a room/studio for all my crafting needs especially scrapbooking