Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Close encounters of the wild kind

One of the best things about living where I do is the abundance of wildlife. We regularly have deer and moose go through our yard, as well as rabbits, skunks, and porcupines. I used to occasionally see foxes along the old route I took to go to work. And even all the different birds. On Christmas Eve afternoon, I saw a bald eagle sitting in a tree as I was driving home from work.

Speaking of wildlife, about half an hour ago, three deer (a mama and two youngsters) came up out of the bushes on the other side of our driveway. They walked up the driveway, went down the road to the corner (we live in the SE corner of a four-way stop intersection), turned right and wandered down the road. Just a short way around the corner the road takes a turn; at that point we lost sight of them. I love living in the country!

TTFN!

No comments: