Saturday, March 7, 2009

My March Goal

I was just over at Teri Leigh's blog saw her journal prompt that she had posted: Write about one thing that you would like to accomplish this month and how you will go about accomplishing it. Since I've finally gotten the album that I wanted for my Smile book, I want to get that done this month. It's only 24 4.5" x 6.5" layouts, so it shouldn't be too hard, and I've got lots of ideas already for what I want to put in it. (A couple of them are going be kind of "cheats", like the dolphin postcard that I have on my bulletin board in my office that my dad sent me from Florida just because he'd thought I'd like the picture. I don't want to do anything to it in any way, so it's going in just the way it is.) I've got lots of cute scrapbooking stuff that I bought just because I love it, so I want my album to kind of showcase some of those things, as well as being a collection of stuff that makes me happy.

How am I going to accomplish this? Well, I guess the first step is to figure out what else I want to put in it, aside from the things I've already decided on. The next step will be to make sure I have everything I want to put in it gathered up in one place so I don't have to look for it. And I've decided that behind each layout I'm going to put a 3" x 5" journalling card that tells the story behind why these things make me happy, so I'm going to have to make those. And then I'm just going to have to find the time to sit down and work on it. Today's cold and snowy, and I'm sick (again), so I think I'll spend some time working on some things for my album. I have one idea for my album that I've been dying to get to, so I'm thinking that's going to be my starting point (the only thing I'll say about it is that it involves Winnie the Pooh).

Now that I have a computer that will actually "talk" to my digital camera, I'm hoping to start being able to post pictures. That should be interesting, because as of yet I don't have a clue. I think my camera came with a cable that will let me plug it directly into my laptop, thus allowing me to take the pictures right from my camera. But we shall see. I'm hoping that my BFF who lives nearby will take pity on me and help me out if I get stuck.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your March goals. That album sounds really neat. I love the look of your blog, so cute.