Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Scrappy Project #2

The second project I worked on is my Words of Encouragement album. It's mostly encouraging Bible verse, with some quotes and song lyrics added in. The album is a Creative Memories navy and pink PicFolio Minutes album. So far, I've only done the title page and the end page for it, although I have all of the journalling cards made. I've also got the flower embellishments made for the next two pages. I really liked how these turned out, although apparently I wasn't paying attention when I made the journalling cards; I mounted all of the white cardstock textured side up (it was supposed to be textured side down so I would have a smooth writing surface - oops!). It's going to be a little challenging writing on the textured cardstock, but I'm always up for a challenge. You can't really see it very well on the title page, but the flower is pink cardstock mounted on navy blue cardstock, with a crystal brad in the center. The Bible verse card has two pink flowers layered together with the same crystal brad center. The verse cards are going to alternate colours: the next two are white-on-pink with navy flowers, then there'll be white-on navy with pink flowers as you see below. The positions of the flowers will also alternate so that the same two corners don't have all of the flowers in them. At the moment, I'm not sure if I have enough verses to fill all 23 cards, but we shall see.





























TTFN!

No comments: