Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Scrappy Project #1

For the first time in a very long time, I was able to get some scrapbooking done this weekend. I got two layouts done for my Words of Encouragement album and two for my Smile Book, as well as the peace layout for the Faithbooking Friends monthly layout challenge over at scrapbook.com. Not only that, but I figured out how to get my pictures off of my camera and onto my computer so that I can post them (yay me!).

This is the title page for my Smile Book (please excuse the poor picture quality - I'm not sure why this one turned out so fuzzy):

Initially, I had just the flowers and the letter stickers on the page, but the more I looked at it when I laid it out, the more I thought that it needed a little "something something". I was laying in bed one night not sleeping and staring at my closet shelf where my crafter's toolbox is (or rather I was staring at where I knew the shelf and the crafter's toolbox to be - it was dark after all) when it hit me: what I needed was ribbon! I think it turned out rather nicely, if I do say so myself!



This is the second page of my Smile Book:
The Pooh sticker was one of those things I bought just because I love Winnie the Pooh, and I knew that at some point I would find some use for it. When I started planning my Smile Book, I knew immediately that my Pooh sticker was going into it, and I new what I was going to do with it. Making the checkerboard background for him was a little dicey, but it came out alright in the end (and after I gave the whole thing a haircut to get rid the minute white edges that were left after I finished adhering all of those squares).

The third item in my Smile Book, which I don't have a picture of, is a dolphin postcard from Florida. When my dad first started working for ATI and Nortel, he was working in the Caribbean and used to fly in and out of Miami. On his first trip down there, he found the postcard, and bought it for me just because he knew I would like the dolphin picture. Behind each item in my Smile Book is a little journalling card telling about why each item is special to me and/or why it makes me happy. This is already turning into a fun project, and I've only done 3 pages of it! I'll be posting more pictures as I go along.

TTFN!

No comments: