Saturday, March 21, 2009

Inspired by Cards

I've become a regular visit to Catherine's blog Confessions of a Scrapaholic (you can find the link in the sidebar under "Other Blogs I Like"), and I've been so inspired by some of the beautiful cards that she makes that I'm thinking I may have to try my hand at making some of my own. I've got tons of cute embellishments, and goodness knows I have enough cardstock to open my own store, so there's really nothing stopping me. Well, actually, there is. That darn annoying little voice in my head that keeps telling me "you couldn't possibly do anything as nice as that, so why bother?" Sigh. How to get away from that voice? I keep telling it to go away, but it keeps sneaking back when I'm not looking. I may have to force myself to just sit down and try something, and see what I end up with. With any luck, it'll actually turn out to be fairly decent-looking, and I can say to the Voice "Take that! I can make beautiful cards (or at least nice cards!)" I've got some cream-coloured blank cards that I bought that I'm going to use for my first attempt, and I'm thinking of doing something with butterflies or flowers to celebrate the beginning of spring. Or maybe cute bunnies and chicks for Easter (I've got the cutest Mrs. Grossman Easter photo stickers. Hmmm... Now that I've actually start putting down some of my ideas, the ideas are coming fast and furious. Maybe I should use the cute vellum butterflies... Or the Sandylion 3D hibiscus flowers... Or the Jolee's boutique lilies that I didn't think I had but which I just discovered I did... Or...

TTFN!

No comments: