Friday, June 6, 2008

Dream Summer Getaway

Today's Big Blg Challenge is to post about a summer vacation, either one you've been on or a dream vacation. Since I liking dreaming, wanna guess which option I'm going with?

My dream would be take at least a month to go and explore California. In no particular order, here's what I'd do while I was there. I'd rent a car (some type of convertible maybe) to drive myself around while I was there. I'd choose someplace central to all of the places I want to visit, but it has to be on the beach, or at least within walking distance of it. I'd go to San Francisco (my family fell in love with SF on a brief stop there when we went to Disneyland in 1992) and spend some time seeing more of the sights there. I'd also spend some time exploring wine country now that I'm old enough to enjoy it (I was only 15 the last time so I couldn't try any of the wine - although at one winery I did get a winglass full of apple juice to drink while my mom and dad were tasting the wine). I 'd go to San Diego, and this time I would go to the zoo (there's another story behind this, but I won't go there right now) and see the pandas. Then I'd spend some time exploring some of the beach communities around LA shopping, seeing the sights, and maybe relaxing on the beach. I'd go back to the Santa Monica pier and ride the ferris wheel again (we did that when we went to Disneyland in 2005). I'd go to Beverly Hills and walk on Rodeo Drive. I couldn't afford to shop there, but it would be fun to see the stores and to be able to say I'd been there. I'd go to wherever it is that the stars have their handprints on the sidewalk (I'd have to find out where it is first LOL). And of course, no visit to California would be complete without spending some time at the Happiest Place on Earth - Disneyland! For that, I'd stay in one of the Disney hotels so that I could have the full Disney experience.

Well, that's my dream! Maybe one day it will become a reality - even if it's only parts of it.

TTFN!

5 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds like the perfect dream vacation to me, hopefully it'll come true for ya!

Amy said...

Sounds great to me. Although I would have to skip the ferris wheel - makes me ill!

Sarah said...

Oh that sounds like alot of fun! My mom's fave place is California, but it may be a little further north.

Ellie said...

California is definitely a good choice too. Hope it comes true for you.

Me said...

I think it's an amazing idea! GReat getaway!