Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's my birthday and I'll age if I want to

Today's Big Blog Challenge topic is to write about how we celebrate birthdays. Quite timely since my birthday's coming up in two more days. I have, however, decided that I am not going to get older. That's right. I'm staying 30. Possibly even for 2 or 3 more years to come. I like being 30; it's been a good age. So I've decided to be like Peter Pan and not grow up anymore.

When my brother and I were younger, we always looked forward to our birthdays. Aside from the obvious reasons, we got to pick whatever we wanted for supper and what kind of cake we wanted. Some of the things that I remember requesting were my Grandma's chicken, lasagna and hamburgers. When we had our birthday parties, we generally got to pick out what we wnated to have to eat too.

Now that we're getting older, we sometimes have our birthdays out at the restaurant of our choosing. Or we get take-out from said restaurant and eat at home in our pajamas (which is usually quite a bit more fun, and the bonus is that you don't have waiters making you do embarrassing things while they sing Happy Birthday loud enough for the entire neighbourhood to hear). I say sometimes because I'm still waiting to have my birthday supper from last year. Cake is generally chosen by whoever goes to the store to buy it. Everybody knows that chocolate or cheesecake are good choices for me. MMMMM....cheesecake!

This year for my birthday, I decided that I wanted to have it at one of our favourite restaurants in Montan when we go on holidays next month. Mom's been asking me where I wanted to go, and I've been really struggling with how to tell her that I don't really want to go out for dinner. Like I said, I'm still waiting for last year's dinner. So I decided to pick a place that we want to go to anyway. And we're going to be there for the best part of the week so there's lots of time to go there. Just for fun the other day, I looked up their menu just to get myself all watered up for my supper, and boy, I can't wait!

TTFN!

3 comments:

Me said...

See... I didn't know that I had control over that. I am done ageing too!

Helena said...

Hope you have fun!

Anonymous said...

I think that the best 25, you are old enough to do what ever you want by young enough to do what ever you what. And if you mess up people would say that you are still young.