Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Another year, another birthday. I can't complain too much - I'm really happy where I'm at right now. Somewhere along the road I've travelled I've learned about self-acceptance; something I had trouble with when I was younger. Although I wasn't aware of it happening, I've become comfortable with who and what I am. That isn't to say there aren't still some things I'd like to change; there are some issues I'm still struggling with. But overall, I'm really happy. I've been richly blessed with all that I've been given and accomplished in life.

I want to start my post today with my birth verse (taken from http://www.birthverse.com/). "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Matthew 6:26) I've always liked this passage from Matthew (see verses 25-31); it's a good reminder that we should not worry about our physical needs, that in all things God is looking after us. So I was really happy when I saw that my birth verse was part of one of my favourite passages.

And now...back to my birthday. Here's what the ideal way to spend my ideal birthday would be. Sleep in. Get up around 10:00 and have a nice breakfast that I didn't have to make. Stay in my pajamas until noon and play my new Nintendo game (I bought myself a little birthday gift yesterday - a Tetris game for my Ninteno DS). Get dressed and go out shopping. Meet my friend for a late lunch and maybe a movie. Go home and have my birthday dinner with my whole family (my brother would be there too). Open my gifts and have cake. Watch some TV. Go to bed. Nowhere in this scenario does going to work figure in LOL. It's nice to dream, but...

Here's how the day is actually unfolding. Got up at 6:20, got dressed and did my hair/make-up. Grabbed a cup of coffee and left for work. Listened (and sang along) to one of my new NKOTB cd's that I bought on eBay. Breakfast was a chocolate cupcake at work left over from yesterday's huddle (very tasty, but not so nutritious). Spent the morning trying to balance a report to break down the engineering hours on an invoice I was doing (and yes, it really did take all morning for the one stupid report because I kept having to go back and fix rates and hours). For lunch, I went out to Arby's and got a pecan and chicken salad wrap, potato bites and iced tea (again, very tasty but not so nutritious). YUM! It's the first time since they've had the pecan chicken salad that I've gotten it. When I got back to work, I got a parking spot closer to the door than where I had been parked this morning. I was wishing though that I could still park in stall #626 (for obvious reasons), but's it now a reserved spot for company vehicles. Oh well.

Well, time to go back to my report (it's still not working the way I need it to... GRRRRR).

TTFN!

6 comments:

Ellie said...

Happy Birthday to you! I like the sleeping late and staying in the jammies. Good for you for treating yourself. We all deserve to do that every now and then.

ValAnn said...

Happy Birthday! I'm going to check out my birthverse as well!

Me said...

Happy birthday! Sounds good to me! I hope this is your best year eve1r

Helena said...

Sorry you had to work and the stupid report was giving you hassle!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and I hope you get your day even if it is not on your birthday.