Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Monday!

Okay, normally I don't like Mondays - who does? But today has actually been a pretty good day so far. I've gotten an amazing amount of work done (amazing because I'm not usually that productive on Monday) in a short period of time. I'm feeling much better than I was last week, I had a nice restful weekend, and I received a beautiful pink geranium from the church (actually it was probably from the Board of Education) as a thank you for teaching Sunday School this past year. It's raining today, and it's nice and cool and the air smells good. I'm feeling so good today that I could get up and dance!

Today's Big Blog challenge is to post a picture of water. I couldn't find the picture that I had wanted to use, so I'm going to post a picture that reminds me of the picture I wanted to use. Here it is:

I have many pictures from the summers I spent working at the Bible camp of the sun setting on the lake. One of the best places to see the sunsets was down at the campfire pit. At the fire pit there was a large cross made from logs; the cross appears in the foreground of many of my sunset pictures. There were a lot of nights when I used to sit and watch the sun set during our evening campfires (admittedly when I should have been paying attention). Some nights the colours were so vivid that it almost looked as though the clouds were on fire. I always enjoyed seeing the grand display of God's "artwork" across the sky at the end of the day.
TTFN!

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Beautiful sunsets and campfires, great summer combination!

ValAnn said...

Love the picture and the memories from Bible camp! I remember "polar bear" swim from our Bible camp... ;-)

Ellie said...

Great photo!

Carmen O. said...

Beautiful...looks so serene.

Me said...

Bible camp. I have never heard of this. Sounds like a great thing.

Anonymous said...

That's a stunning photo and I'm sure it doesn't do the real view justice!