Monday, June 2, 2008

My weekend shopping spree

Okay, so I got a little carried away on Friday. After creating my list of books I want to read, I decided to go and visit my favourite bookstore and see if I could find a couple of the ones I really wanted. Well... I only found one of the three that I had wanted, but I came out with a whole armful of other books. A couple of them were on sale, and I get a 10% discount with my Chapters card, which is probably a good thing. I shudder to think what the total would have been without the discounts. So what did I buy, you ask?

1. "The Other Boleyn Girl" - Philippa Gregory (basis of the movie, read it this weekend, pretty good book)
2. Chicken Soup For The Soul: Life Lessons For Women
3. "Life Is Short - Wear Your Party Pants" - Loretta LaRoche (can't this is the one of the three that I actually went to Chapters to buy, can't wait to read it - the author is absolutely hysterical)
3. "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff For Women" - Kristine Carlson (wife of Richard Carlson who wrote "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff")
4. "Squeeze The Day - 365 Ways To ... (I can't remember the rest) - Loretta La Roche
5. "Grace For The Moment, Volume II" - Max Lucado

I'm pretty sure that there's a couple more, but I can't remember what else I bought. I love books, and when I have the opportunity (like on Friday, which was payday) I like to indulge myself a little.

TTFN!

2 comments:

Me said...

Great job! If it's what you like then... you have them. You work.. therefore you shop! LOL!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

All ready for your summer reading! WTG...thats why i stalk my local library 2 blocks away! ;)