Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ramblings

I have one of those page-a-day caldendars on my desk that has Bible verses on it. I look forward every day to seeing what the verse is. I really like today's verse: "I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation." (Isaiah 61:10). This actually kind of ties into today's Big Blog Challenge topic: what are you grateful for today? First and most important thing is the salvation that I have received through the death of Jesus Christ. As I started thinking more about the topic, I came up with the following list:
  1. I'm grateful for my family, and for their unconditional love and support.
  2. I'm grateful that I have a good job to get up and come to every day.
  3. I'm grateful for Sarah, and for knowing that at the end of the day she will be waiting anxiously for me to come home.
  4. I'm grateful that I live in a country where I enjoy freedoms that some people can only dream of.
  5. I'm grateful for the second chance I got with my transplant.
  6. I'm grateful for my friends.

~~~~~~

We've been getting lots of rain lately, and while I'm thankful for that (goodness knows we need it), I could really do without the humidity. Today my knee, my ankle and my wrist are aching unbearably, thanks to the humidity and my previous injuries. I hurt my knee in Junior High when our car door swung shut on it (it was a big two-dar car with very heavy doors); I had opened the door and swung my leg out, then turned back to pick up some stuff off of the seat beside me, forgetting that the door wouldn't stay open (thanks to the springs not working). The door swung back against my knee, most likely causing some permanent cartilage damage according to my one chiropractor. I hurt my ankle at my last job a few years ago two days before Christmas. We worked in a 1 1/2 storey office where the Accounting department was upstairs. I was going down for something, and I'm not sure if I just stepped wrong, or if my foot hit the edge of the stair and slipped off but I lost my balance and almost went tail over teakettle down the stairs. Thank goodness for the banister! I ended up hurting my ankle though, and spent Christmas Eve morning in the emergency room getting it looked at because I was in so much pain. Found out that I had torn apart the tendons and ligaments. And then there's the carpal tunnel syndrome. I have it in both wrists, but it's worse in my right wrist because I do so much numeric data entry and mouse work with that hand (it's a good thing I'm left-handed, otherwise I'd be in big trouble). Anyway, all three of these joints ache whenever it gets cold or humid or there's a sudden change in the weather. It's almost like having arthritis. It sucks. Big time. And so far, I haven't really found anything that helps when the pain gets really bad. Painkillers don't help, A-535 and other such rubs don't help (although the heat feels kind of good), and wrapping up the joints only helps some of the time. Sigh. In the words of a Garth Brooks song, "I'm much too young to feel this damn old".

~~~~~~

I wish the daytimer I bought on eBay would arrive already. It's not that I need another daytimer (I don't); it's that I want to start my custom journal. I've got so many ideas for what I want to do with it, and I want to get working on it already darn it! LOL At least this blog satisfies my need for writing at the moment. I found the pen that I want to put in my new journal the other night (gotta love those built-in pen loops) - it's a pretty, skinny gold pen that I found somewhere (I can't remember where). I'm not too sure about using a skinny pen since I've gotten used to using thicker pens at work, but I wanted something really pretty and special for my fancy new journal. If I find that it isn't working out, then I've made up my mind that I'm going to splurge on a really nice pen for my journal, although I do have a collection of fun coloured pens of different kinds that I plan on using as well. I also need to make a trip to Staples and to the scrapbook store for some supplies to do the customization I want. Maybe I'll do that tonight after work.

To be continued...

6 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Nice grateful list you have there! Doesn't feel good to get that list out there?

ValAnn said...

Wow - I'm glad you got a 2nd chance with a transplant as well! Isn't nice just to have things to be grateful for...

Anonymous said...

Very nice list.
I hope you are doing better now.

Anonymous said...

I hope you post pictures of your daytimer once you alter it. I would love to see it.

Me said...

Let me just say that your ramblings is how my mind works. I don't often stay on task in the thought process. I have to read things to really get them. I have to see it with my own eyes... anyway. I enjoyed reading it.

"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation." (Isaiah 61:10). What a wonderful verse!

Helena said...

Love your grateful list!