Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Songs

Today's Big Blog Challenge assignment is to post your summer theme song. I have two of them.

The first one is "California" by the group Wave. Whenever I hear this song, I see myself driving along a California highway somewhere. I'm in a red convertible, with the top down. The sun is setting, and the evening breeze is blowing through my hair. I'm alone on the road: there's nothing around me but open sky, highway and sand. I don't know where I'm going or what lies ahead for me; all I know is that I'm at peace and I feel totally free. (Whenever I get stressed out, this is where I escape to get away from the pressures of everday life.)

My second, and new favourite, summer song is "Sunshine and Summertime" by Faith Hill. It's one of those what I like to call "wake you up, kick you in the butt and get you going" kind of songs. I can almost picture a big block party with gorgeous women in bikinis and gorgeous suntanned surfer guys everywhere.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get in my convertible, go find some little beach bar and have a few margaritas. Cheers!

TTFN!

5 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds like some good songs. I'll have to listen for the Faith Hill one.

Me said...

That it is girly! Did someone say
margaritas? Where??!!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Great songs!

Marsha said...

great choice of songs!

ValAnn said...

Love Faith Hill!