Monday, June 23, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

It's Monday...again. Today's Big Blog Challange is to vent. I could go on for hours today, but I'll try to keep it short...



I've been sitting here all day trying desparately to keep my eyes open. Didn't sleep so well last night. Part of it was because Nicky (mom's dog) was outside barking his fool head off at midnight. Mom always lets him out to go one more time before bed. Most of the time he's really good...goes out, does his thing, comes back in. Not so last night. I'm not sure what he thought was out there, but he must have barked for a good half hour while running around the yard. And because he was barking, Sarah got going. And wouldn't shut up, no matter how many times I got mad at her. I finally had to get up, go over to where she was laying behind the door, shake my finger in my her face and use my "mad" voice to tell her "No more barking!" She knew she was in trouble then - it's never a good thing when Mom has to turn on the light and get up out of bed to tell you to be quiet. If only I could have done the same with Nicky...



WHY does my co-worker and cube neighbour insist on giving a running commentary on everything she's doing and every problem she's having? Does she really think any of us really CARE what she's just finished doing and what she's going to do next? And if her problems don't affect us, why does she think we want to hear about them? Okay, to be fair, she mostly does this in sort of a mumble, but HELLO! I sit only 3 feet away (it's a very small space), and I don't want to listen to you all day long. There are days that I just want to tell her to shut up. And another thing... what possible good does continual griping about our sucky computer system do? We're all having the same problems, but do you hear any of us going on and on and on? NO!!! We're all in the same boat you are, but we've all learned that complaining isn't going to do anything (except maybe make your neighbours want to throttle you). You're not the only one being inconvenienced, so quit carrying on like you are.

Well, I feel much better now so I'm getting off my soapbox.
TTFN!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

My dog does the same thing when the neighbor next door comes out to water his lawn. Max just barks and barks and then the man wets him. That's gets me upset.

Me said...

No play by play, huh? LOVE IT!

Helena said...

OOh I can feel the steam coming of of this, lol